We are here to help you, help us. Below are answers to some frequently asked questions you may have regarding your donation. Please feel free to call us at 203-688-9644 should you have a different question, or complete our contact form. We would be happy to assist you.
When you make a gift to Yale New Haven Hospital, you are part of the advanced medicine and compassionate commitment that touch so many lives in our community. Every person deserves to live the best life they are capable of living. At YNHH, we work every day to make that come true. With your support, we help make lives better.
Ways to Support YNHH & Child Life
- Host an Online Fundraiser or Virtual Toy Drive. Engage your friends and family in a fundraiser to support various areas of the Children’s Hospital. For more information on how to host your own online fundraiser, visit our DIY fundraising page diy.ynhh.org.
- Donate an item from our Wish Book. The Wish Book is a catalog of various items that could help make a real difference in the life of a sick child, worried parent, or a family struggling with illness. Visit our online Wish Book.
- Shop our Amazon Wish Lists. Our Child Life team has selected the items that are most commonly needed for our patients. You can donate these safe, approved toys directly to Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital. View our current Amazon Wish Lists.
Toy Drives & Collections
We deeply appreciate the generosity of individuals, community groups and organizations who regularly host toy drives and collections on our behalf. Please be aware that donations collected in large-scale drives often include items that we cannot accept or health/safety hazards due to collection bins being placed in public, unmonitored locations. We ask toy collection organizers to sort donations prior to donating. Donations should be delivered in boxes or bags; we cannot accept loose, unpackaged items.
We gratefully accept donations of new, recently purchased and unused items which fall within our use guidelines.* Please note, YNHCH performs a health and safety evaluation on all donations of items prior to distributing to/using with patients.
We encourage you to consider hosting a Themed Toy Collection. Some ideas include:
- Play-Doh (single cans and sets)
- Crayons & coloring/activity books
- LEGO and LEGO Kits (small and medium kits only)
- Playing cards and Uno
- Cars and trucks
- Character figurines and playsets (superheroes, princesses, etc.)
- Stress relief items (stress balls, fidget spinners, pop-toys, etc.)
The following items cannot be accepted:
- Used items, including items that are considered “like-new”
- Gift cards
- Plush toys (unless sent direct from the manufacturer)
- Electrical, spark-producing or friction-producing toys
- Fragile toys
- Toys made of glass, porcelain or brittle plastic
- Toys with sharp edge or protrusions
- Toys or craft kits with toxic paints, latex or glues
- Toys with parts that can pinch fingers or pull hair
- Toy guns or other toys with violent themes
*Our Development Team will be happy to speak with you about these guidelines and all of the ways you can support Child Life. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For information about donating to the Toy Closet Program, which provides each pediatric patient with an age-appropriate toy or small gift when they are discharged from the hospital, please click here.
There are many ways to give to YNHH. You can use your credit card on our online giving form; write a check and mail it with our printable giving form, fund a future gift through a bequest or life-income gift, or donate gifts-in-kind. Visit Other Ways to Give to learn more.
To mail a gift or pledge, please complete our printable form and mail it, along with your credit card information or check, to:
Office of Development
Yale New Haven Hospital
PO Box 1849
New Haven, CT 06508-9979
Please make your check payable to Yale New Haven Hospital.
Yes, online donations will receive an emailed acknowledgment right after the gift is processed. Mailed donations will receive an acknowledgement in the mail within (15) days once the gift is processed.
For a duplicate copy, please call the Office of Development at 203-688-9644 or email us at email@example.com. Be sure to include your full name and complete address, as well as the date and amount of your donation, in your email so that we can properly locate you in our database.
Making a tribute gift to Yale New Haven is a meaningful and enduring gesture to remember a loved one, honor someone special in your life or thank an outstanding caregiver. Visit our Honor and Memorial Giving page for more information.
The following is suggested language for an obituary or other tribute:
“In lieu of flowers, please send donations in memory of [NAME] to Yale New Haven Hospital Office of Development, PO Box 1849, New Haven, CT 06508”. Donations may be made out to “Yale New Haven Hospital.” Checks may be made out to Yale New Haven Hospital with (Full Name) indicated in the memo line. Donations may also be made online at givetoynhh.org/memorial.
If your employer matches charitable contributions from employees, you may be able to double or even triple the value of your gift. Visit our Matching Gifts page to learn if your employer matches gifts and more about how your employer can match your gift.
We’re truly grateful to everyone who helps support the mission of YNHH by raising funds and awareness for our vital programs, services and facilities. We have several ways to fundraise: